Kortnie

Kortnie
Kortnie at the 2011 JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes, Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, AZ

Thursday, December 9, 2010

We're still Here!

We got the first batch of our family pictures back and I made this cute little collage.

Can you guess what the grandparents will be getting for Christmas?






We're still out here in the DOC blogland, but busy busy busy! As I am sure most moms are this time of year.









For Thanksgiving the kids and I took a trip to see my parents, 2 days of driving, 2 days of fun and 2 more days of driving. It was worth it, but let me say my dad's homemade fudge, just a small piece, had us fighting High BG's for a day and a half, even with site changes and new insulin. Could be the traveling and not following routines too contributed to that too?









Once we got back we had big Sister's baptism to get ready. Also, I was busy doing PTO stuff. Oh and a Endo appointment too, A1C is 8.3 up from 8.1 3 months ago. Not too happy about that, so we are going to kick it into high gear and get it down! We've been between 8.1 and 8.5 since dx. I'm ready to move into the 7's now, thank you very much!



Christmas is approaching very quickly and I am going to get it done this week. Decorations are up, most presents bought and/or made. This week I want to send out the Christmas cards, mail the packages, finish the buying. Then next week I'll work on wrapping so that by the time school is out I can enjoy the time with my kids and maybe do some baking, we love handing out plates of goodies to our friends and neighbors. We have our church's Christmas party this Saturday, I am also on the committee for that and I feel we're in the home stretch now, it's been a big thing to work on, but fun!



This is my train of thought right now though.





Holidays are hard when you're trying to convince yourself that your kid is "normal".



Last year, we were new with this T1 stuff, being dx'd 2 weeks before Thanksgiving the holidays are a blur, this year I am seeing how much FOOD and CARBS play a part in celebrating. I am working on doing some re-focusing, but it's not as easy as I want it to be.

I hope all of you are enjoying the Spirit of the Season. I hope you are enjoying your family and remembering the sacrifices of our Lord and remembering that Jesus is the Reason for the Season. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or something else. I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy this amazing time. The birth of Jesus is the biggest miracle of all! The nice thing about the DOC, is that it's always there and you can pick up right where you left off ;)

    ReplyDelete