Kortnie

Kortnie
Kortnie at the 2011 JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes, Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, AZ

Friday, August 20, 2010




Well, I haven't done very well about keeping this blog updated. I do have another blog that is more about our family life. But, I do enjoy reading the other D-blogs out there so I thought I should be more consistent about keeping this blog about Kortnie's Diabetes updated. I've learned alot and felt alot of comradarie from reading the other blogs in the Diabetes community so I want to put some stuff out there too. Maybe someone will stumble upon this and connect with our family and get something out of it.

Kortnie has had diabetes 9 months and 1 week and 6 days now. We like to say that we've gotten the hang of it, and maybe for the most part we have. It's become a part of our lives, but we try so hard not to let it run our lives. Kortnie got on the pump at the end of May and it's been a blessing. For the most part her BG's have been pretty on the mark. She still has some highs and lows, most of the highs are because she needs a site change or because we over corrected a low.

She just went back to school and is in first grade now. Last year when she was dx'd she was in Kindergarten and only went to school for a 1/2 day so she didnt' need to check or take a shot or bolus while there. This year on the other hand she is having to check at lunchtime and bolus. We've chosen to pack her lunch each day so I can include an exact carb count. We're in the 2nd week of school and we've had few challenges already, but that's another post.

So that's a little more about us and I really mean it when I say I want to keep this blog updated more often so look for some new posts soon!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment