Kortnie

Kortnie
Kortnie at the 2011 JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes, Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, AZ

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy 2 Year D-Aversary!

For Kortnie's 2 Year D-Aversary, you already know I was in a funk, but I let the kids have a celebration anyways.

Kortnie and her sister had coupons for a free Personal Pan Pizza from Pizza Hut from the Book It program, so we let them use their coupons and we bought a 3rd PPPizza for our son. I also happened to have a coupon for a free 8inch single layer cake from Basha's bakery, so we went and got our free cake and bought a thing of ice cream. Kortnie picked out a marble cake with chocolate frosting and strawberry ice cream.

We brought it all home and they had a fine feast, then we played a game of pool.

Also, on Kortnie's 2nd D-aversary, Brian took me into town and bought me a new truck! A 2003 Ford Expedition, Eddie Bauer, a red one. We traded in my van for it. He'd been thinking of getting it for a week or so, and since he works for the car dealership people he got a fairly good deal. (He works as a mechanic at Show Low Motorsports which is owned by the same Hatch's that own Hatch Toyota). Later that evening when I posted a picture on Facebook of my new truck, quite a few people thought he had gotten it for me as a D-Aversary present because I'm such a good D-Mom. LOL...I don't think that's why he got it, but I guess I'll let my friends think that. (I had posted earlier in the day how I was all pissed off and depressed and in a bad mood because I hate Kortnie's diabetes, so they thought that's why he got me the new truck) Yeah, so now everyone thinks that he's an awesome husband or something. Well, I guess he's alright, I'll keep him. :-) And the other thing that happened on Kork's D-aversary weekend was that our dog got some kind of puncture wound, the best we can tell is that he got it climbing around on the wood pile outside, he was just not acting himself and not eating or drinking so we took him to the Vet, after we got home from buying the new truck but before the D-aversary pizza dinner. It was hard for our kids to see our dog all sick, but the Vet gave him some antibiotics and made sure there wasn't anything stuck in the puncture wound and he's all better now.

All in all the day turned out to be okay, I was mad and sad, I got a new car, the dog had to go to the vet but the kids learned a lesson about taking care of their dog, we had pizza, cake and ice cream for dessert, and played a few games of pool.

Oh, and we had pretty great BG's all day
4:50am 104
7:00am 105
11:00am 117
3:00pm 112
4:00pm 170
5:00pm 145 (dinner, Pizza, Cake, Ice Cream, turned on a temp basal +20% for 4 hours)
6:00pm 115
8:00pm 134 (going to bed, turned off the temp basal)
10:00pm 323 (dang junk food at dinner and I didn't leave the temp basal on long enough, I admit I got nervous when she went to bed and I thought she had too much IOB, I'm still working on my temp basal confidence)
2:32am 220 (still coming down and she's always high at 2ish AM, been working on tweaking this basal)
6:45am 113 (a great waking up number if I do say so myself!)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it turned out to be a pretty good day!
    Congrats on not letting D get the best of it, the new truck and the rockin numbers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those numbers ROCK!!! I find that I still struggle with pizza and ice-cream bolusing at night. The temp basal always seems like TOO MUCH and it is NEVER enough. LOL.

    Happy Second Year to Kortnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Pizza and Ice Cream, why does it have to go so good together and be such an awesome easy dinner, but wreak so much havoc on BG's! It's a cruel twist of fate!

    ReplyDelete