Kortnie

Kortnie
Kortnie at the 2011 JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes, Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, AZ

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 19 Write about Life and Death

Life and Death?

How can I write about that?

Since I am still playing catch up, I am keeping this one short.

Life and Type 1 Diabetes-it can be good, with hard work and perserverance, we can help Kortnie to live a good long life with her Type 1 Diabetes.  I will always, ALWAYS, work hard to make sure she has a good long life.  I will always expect everyone around us to keep an eye out and help her to live a good long life.  I will always fight for whatever I need to fight for to keep her healthy and strong and to treat and take care of her T1D.

Death and Type 1 Diabetes-it's the scariest thing ever to think about, but it's a realility.  Eventually (hopefully when she is OLD), she will die of a complication of her Type 1 Diabetes.  I can accept that, but again I'm going to work hard, very hard, harder on this than anything, to make sure that she lives a good long life.  Unfortunatly there is are so many things that can bring really hard times, complications, or even death to our door, but I believe that we will continue to strive and work hard to keep death away.  She WILL live to be an old Great-Grandma, she will see many things and she will live a good long life, longer than me. 

Life and Death, kind of a hard thing to think about, but I think about it often, it's a demon of mine, I'm sure her dad too.

In the hospital at diagnosis, she was so sad and having a hard time, she was 5 and she kept asking us "I'll have this until I die?" or "I'll have to do this until I die?"  I kept saying to her, "yes, for the rest of your life". 

How hard is that to hear from your 5 year old?  HARD I tell you, HARD!

This is all I have to say about this, it's depressing, I don't want to think about it anymore right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment