Kortnie

Kortnie
Kortnie at the 2011 JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes, Tempe Town Lake, Tempe, AZ

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 22 A Thankful Post

Happy Thanksgiving!


Today is Thanksgiving and the writing prompt for today is to write what I am Thankful for.
How easy is that?
 
There are many things I am Thankful for and I probably won't even think of all of them to write here in this post.  I read a thing once that said,
"What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thought to be Thankful for today?"
That really hit home with me.  Everyday I try to be thankful, not just in November.
 
I am Thankful for
My Family, all of them, from my husband and kids, to my inlaws, and my side of the family.  Brian and I both have large families, he has 4 brothers and 1 sister and they all have little families of their own.  I have 4 Uncles and an Aunt and 15 cousins and all of their families, we are pretty close with the majority of all of these people and I am Thankful for all of them. 
My little Family
 
My little family and some of my husbands side of the family

My little family and some of my side of the family.


My Dog, how could I not be Thankful for this sweet guy?  He is our friend, our companion, our playmate, our protector, he's my 4th kid.


My Home and all that is in it, the comforts of life, indoor plumbing, a wood burning stove, refrigeration, electricity, a roof, walls, beds, couches, TV, Netflix, entertainment, radio, our big jetted bathtub.

My husband's job and his ablility to support us.

My community, Snowflake, AZ is a wonderful place to live.

Teachers and School, I wouldn't like homeschooling my kids, more power to those who can, I just recognize it is something that I would not like to do. And our School Nurse, we love her, she loves Kortnie, she isn't afaid of her and she does whatever we need her to do to take care of Kortnie, she never has an issue with anything, she just does it.  The staff at school too, I don't think they get enough credit, the janitor, the office ladies, the principal, the special aides, the parents who volunteer at school, they all contribute to the raising of my children.

The other adults in my kids lives, their Primary teachers at Church, their coaches in the sports they play, their Girl Scout leader, their dance teachers, their activity day leaders, their friends parents, it takes a Village, I am thankful for our Village!

Insulin and technology that helps keep my Kortnie alive, and I'm thankful that I have access to those things.  While I'm on the subject of T1D, I am thankful for the DOC (Diabetes Online Community) and for the various organizations out there to help us navigate this illness.

My car, transportaion in general.

Techonology in general and the internet.  Some of it can be a pain sometimes, and some of it can do harm, but if its used properly it is a blessing.

Friends.

Date Nights.

Babysitters that have fun with the kids and people who aren't afraid to take care of Kortnie.

Nature.  From trees to lakes to oceans.  Rain to snow to sunshine.  The Stars and the Moon.

My Country, the good ole US of A, the rights I have, the solidiers who protect those rights.  The Civil Servants of my great country, the police, firemen, national guard, and the 5 branches of the military, and all the others who serve, from church leaders to doctors and nurses, from road workers to forrest service. 

Oppurtunity

Medicine

and lastly

My Husband

I know I mentioned my family first and he is my family, he is where my family begins, but really he needs extra thanks.  I love him, he is my best friend, he makes me laugh, he makes me crazy, he makes me hot!  He works hard for us, he brings home the bacon, he plays with the kids and the dog, he does whatever I ask of him most of the time.  He loves unconditionally, he has a magical laugh and a sexy smile, he has a twinkle in his eye, he loves his mama, he loves his babies, he loves me, and he loves his family and mine too, even when we are making him crazy.  He is a giver, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and he ranks right up there with my dad as the best man I have ever known. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment